Dear Parents and Carers
Please ensure you contact us to inform us if your child isn’t attending the session, this is important due to health and safety regulations which we need to adhere too.
When providing packed lunch for your children please can we stress that grapes should be cut lengthwise in half. Uncut they are the perfect size for getting stuck in a child’s throat.
Have you seen our display board in preschool? The children have been busy drawing their faces and alongside are their baby photo so the children can understand how they have grown. There have been lots of discussions about the baby photos.
This week’s adult led focused activity was investigating our senses. The children identified and tasted many different fruits. We had a wonderful selection from pineapples to lemons. The children described how the fruit tasted and learnt new words such as sour, bitter and tangy. The children tasted noodles and selection of vegetables. We bought in herbs from our garden for the children to smell, describe and illustrate in their booklets.
In PE we played the bean game followed by the popular sharks and fishes.
On Tuesday and Thursday afternoon we visited little Forest school. The children played hide and seek with spot the dog, made a spot the dog flap book. It was very windy on Thursday so the children had the scarves out and threw them in the air to see how high they could fly. It was amazing! A message from Kate ‘It was really lovely to meet all the new forest schoolers, who really enjoyed little forest school. Please ensure you pop their wellies in their bag and have a long sleeved top in case it’s a little chilly. Thank you.
In our music session we took turns singing ‘what’s in the box?’ children chose something out of the box and sang about it.
Friday afternoon we dodge the showers and investigated the herb garden and all helped to weed the bed, they spotted snails and bee pictures and a bird house. They bought the snail in and put him in a tray with dirt. When they went back the snail and disappeared making an escape up the wall to the windows…. I wonder why? We harvested our potatoes that were growing in the pots at the front of preschool and counted out 19.
Dates and Reminders
Fundraisers for The Autumn Term
To ensure our fundraising happens we will be looking for volunteers to help
- The photographer will be in on Tuesday 16th October. A sign-up sheet will be going up soon for you to book your slot. Chris from Darmanin studio takes wonderful photos and they are great for Christmas presents. The preschool receives a percentage of all orders. – We need volunteers to help coordinate the orders/or help on the day for a couple of hours.
- The children are busy drawing pictures of themselves or their hand prints for our annual Christmas t-towel another great Christmas present – We need a volunteer to coordinator the orders.
- We have a table at the craft weekend of 24th/25th November- We will need volunteers to help on both days for a couple of hours, a sign-up sheet will be going up.
- Christmas Party is on Tuesday 11th December- We need a couple of volunteer or help set up/clear the table for the Christmas party.
- Christmas concert Thursday 13th December- We will be having our annual Christmas raffle. Raffle tickets will be coming home for you to sell to family and friends.
Each event has its own crib sheet to follow so it easy and simple to volunteer, just let staff know which event you would like to help with. Thank you
- Term dates
Last day of term 1 Friday 19th October 2018
First day of term 2 Monday 29th October 2018
Last day of term 2 Thursday 20th December 2018 finishing at 1.50pm
First day of term 3 Tuesday 8th January 2019
Last day of term 3 Friday 15th February 2019
First day of term 4 Monday 25th February 2019
Quizco Preschool Fundraiser Saturday 30th March 2019
Last day of term 4 Friday 5th April 2019 finishing at 1.50pm
First day of term 5 Wednesday 24th April 2019
Bank holiday Monday 8th May 2019 preschool closed
Last day of term 5 Friday 24th May 2019
First day of term 6 Tuesday 4th June 2019
Last day of term 6 Wednesday 24th July 2019 finishing at 1.50pm.
- Have you bought in a baby photo to go with our display?
- We would love to do some planting with the children do you have any extra bulbs or winter flowering plants you would like to donate?
- Do you have any top soil or wooden utensils for our mud kitchen?
Next week we are looking at our emotions and feelings, a good story to read to your child is owl babies or rainbow fish. A great starting point to look at different types of emotions.
Have a lovely weekend