Dear Parents and Carers
What a busy week we’ve had!
Our adult led focused activity this week was doctors and nurses. A massive thank you for all your donations of doctors kits and some homemade scrubs by our talented Laura! We were able to borrow a lot of resources to support the children’s learning. There have been lots of bandages, plasters and dressing up. Children were able to engage in role-play based on their own first hand experiences, develop and extend their learning with the equipment. The children had clay out on Thursday.
The children have also been busy celebrating bonfire night making firework pictures. Have a look at our display by the book corner.
In PE we continued the fire work theme and pretended to be fireworks whooshing, popping and zooming around the room.
At Forest School we made firework pictures on the ground using leaves and sticks, played on the pirate’s ship and made potions. On Thursday the children pretended to be fireworks making their own display using leaves as the exploding rockets. We had the water and guttering out proving very popular.
On Wednesday the children found out why we wear Poppies. Children sponge painted poppies onto the paper, and learnt new words such as veterans and Remembrance day. We have a display on the wall by the back door. In our music session we sang what’s in the box, children chose something out of the box and we sang a song about it.
On Friday we celebrated Diwali the festival of light with Isaac. The children made Diya’s representing a traditional clay lamp, they listened to the story about Rama and Sita and coloured in pictures of Sita, Rama and Ragoli designs. Happy Diwali to Isaac and his family enjoy your celebrations.
Dates and Reminders
- The sign-up sheet is on the easel for you to volunteer for our next fundraising event at the Goring Craft Fair on Saturday 24thand Sunday 25th. The crafts on the stall are very simple, making reindeer food and decorating a star with glitter. It will already be prepared so you can pick it up and go with it. So far we only have 3 volunteers. Please can you help just for a couple of hours on either day, we really need your support.
- The proofs from the photographer have arrived and need to be returned by Thursday 15th November.
- Samples of your child’s Christmas card have arrived and are going out with order forms attached. Orders need to be returned as soon as possible to ensure a quick turnaround.
- The school admission for primary school places is open for children who will be starting primary school in September 2018. Please visit www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions to find out more details.
- Don’t forget another fundraising when shopping online using The Giving Machine
- Did you know preschool has a bouncy castle for hire, a discount for preschool parents. For more information see our websitewww.goringandcleevepreschool.org.uk or contact email@example.com
- Its Muffins for mummy’s on Monday 19th November from 9 am-11 am, Doughnuts for Dads on Wednesday 21st November from 9 am – 11 am and Gingerbread for Grandparents and Carers on Friday 23rd November from 9 am-11 am. Can’t wait to see you!
Next week our topic is fire fighters there’s going to be lots of ‘woo-woo’ or ‘nee nah!’ Have a good weekend and see you next week.