Dear Parents and Carers
What a fun week we’ve had!
Our adult led focus this week was the Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury. The children ordered and sequenced the familiar actions of the story. We looked at the page numbers of the book and the children told us who they would like to take with them on a Bear Hunt! We had the Bear Hunt outside using grass, water, mud, cornflour snow and used the sand pit as the bear’s cave. There were puppet characters for the children to use to re-enact the story.
In PE this week we practised our listening and colour recognition skills. Coloured hoops were on the floor and children had to listen for the colour called out before running and standing in a hoop.
Tuesday afternoon the children made sandwiches…Yummy!
On Wednesday afternoon in our music time the children played musical statues/bumps and ring games.
Thursday afternoon was an outside Thursday (formerly known as little forest school) where we made bird feeders, played hide and seek with spot the dog and looked for bird’s nests.
Friday the children were making lots of tea using the teapots and spoons in the water tray. They also made bird feeders.
Please can you put your bird feeder in the fridge for 24 hours before removing cardboard sleeve.
Forest School on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. We are planning an outside activity on site with the children once a week. This week was Thursday afternoon and next week will be Tuesday afternoon. We will be alternating until further notice, so please provide Wellies and extra clothing in their bag.
Dates and Reminders
- Funding forms have gone out and need to be returned as soon as possible.
- Please look out for your Parent/Carer rota letters, we look forward to seeing you and sharing your child’s achievements and progress.
- Nits. We have several cases of nits at preschool please can you check your child’s hair and follow the NHS guidelines https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/head-lice-and-nits/ thank you for your cooperation.
- A sign-up sheet will be up Monday for you to volunteer to help at the declutter preschool event next weekend.
- Please make sure you provide named hat and gloves it’s going to be cold next week
Next week we are looking at Owl babies by Martin Waddell, ‘twit twoo!’
Have a good weekend