Dear Parents and Carers
This terms topic has been about ourselves and this week’s focus was birthdays and growing up.
- Our adult led focus was to decorate a birthday cake (cupcake) representing their age with pretend candles. We looked at photos on the big board of when we were babies and how we have all changed!
- There was school visits throughout the week for our leavers.
- We played musical instruments on Wednesday afternoon choosing our favourite songs to sing.
- On Tuesday and Thursday afternoon we were able to practise together our songs for our concert on Thursday.
Dates and Reminders
- Toy Cleaning | Don’t forget to sign up for toy cleaning over the summer. There are still plenty of toys that need to be cleaned.
- End of Term |On that note, don’t forget it’s an early finish on Friday 21 July. We finish at 13.50pm so you can pick your child up first before the Primary school finishes.
- Snacks | Can I say a big thank you to all your fruit donations over the past year? You have all been fantastic and brought in some amazing snacks for the children to try.
- Reports | We are still waiting on a few reports to be returned of our leavers. Please can you return ASAP, a signed copy needs to be sent to your child’s reception class teacher. Thank you.
- Hot Weather | The weather is going to be hot and sunny again next week, please ensure a named drinks bottle and hat are provided every day.
- Quizco | Date for your diary- Saturday 30 September for our Quizco night. Due to the success of our evening in March we shall be repeating an evening of a quiz followed by a disco. We are looking for volunteers to help be part of a small team to run the show, a detailed crib sheet has been written with step by step guide of what to do when. So it’s a very easy little event to organise and more importantly you’re helping your child’s preschool to raise vital funds.
- Open Day | We have our first open day for prospective parents on Wednesday 13 September from 9.30-11am and 1-3pm. Let friends know and pop in and see what we’re up too. We have some laminated posters that need to be put up around the village. Please ask at the desk for one to put up near where you live or on your fence.
Next week our focus is what you want to be when you grow up, I wonder…. I always wanted to be an air hostess and travel the world, Cheryl and Charlotte a teacher, Jenny a hairdresser, and Lorna a vet, how times have changed, for today’s children the world is their oyster and they can follow their dreams!
Enjoy the sunshine