Dear Parents and Carers
What a busy week we’ve had!
First of all, a big welcome to newstarters Alfie and Eddie, we look forward to getting to know you and your family.
Other things that have been happening:
- This terms topic is animals and we started it off with our adult led focused activity of my favourite pet. Children used numbered fish to practise their recognition of numerals and represented the numerals with bubbles (coloured beads) a very popular activity.
- We started our group times, each morning the children come together with their key person in a small group. This is a wonderful opportunity to boost children’s social skills and improve their attention span, and build on their communication skills.
- In pe we played sleeping bunnies/dinosaurs/butterflies/lions and sang farmers in his den. The children were so enthusiastic and were brilliant at getting changed! Please ensure all clothing is named.
- In Forest School this week we visited Russel the tree, made a flap book of spot the dog and played hide and seek. A message from Kate: ‘It was great to meet all the children and they were brilliant at getting ready for Forest School, their favourite part of the session this week was playing Hide and Seek, something we will revisit again. The sign-up sheet for Parent helpers is on the door as you come into preschool, please join us and visit Forest School.‘
- On Wednesday afternoon we had singing.
- Debbie’s purple group made jam tarts on Thursday afternoon, yummy!
- Cheryl updated her Designated Lead Safeguarding training, and I will be updating mine at the end of next week. If you have any concerns regarding safe guarding please speak to Cheryl or any member of staff who will be able to help you.
Dates and Reminders
- We still have tickets for our Quizco for 30 Sept. A few tables still have spaces, so we can match you up, a great way to meet new parents from Preschool. Ask Debbie or committee members for tickets. This is our autumn fundraiser for much needed resources for Preschool. Let’s make it a really successful event!
- Head lice- we have a reported case of head lice. Please can you check your child’s hair and follow the NHS guidelines: https://beta.nhs.uk/conditions/head-lice-and-nits/
- The sign-up sheet for the photographer is up on the easel outside school
- Don’t forget the parent volunteer rota starts from next week, not only do you get to see what goes on in Preschool, but you have the opportunity to meet your child’s keyperson. These sessions have a built in slot where you will be able to discuss your child’s progress and next steps and of course look through their lovely learning journeys.
- Thank you for all the snack donations, such a fantastic variety of snacks this week, please keep them coming.
Next week our topic is dinosaurs….