Dear Parents and Carers
Water, water everywhere!
Our adult-led focused activity was sea vehicles. Children used a variety of skills; we painted, traced, glued and floated boats. We talked about the shape of sails and scribed numerals.
- Monday | In PE we practised our listening skills, following instructions to move like animals and played lifeboats.
- Tuesday | At big forest school the pirates had arrived. We followed a trail of footprints, dug for treasure and used a pirate’s map to navigate around the Forest School grounds.
- Wednesday | We used musical instruments and chose our favourite songs.
- Thursday | In the afternoon the children made jam and lemon tarts.
- Friday | The children sang songs. Using our singing bag the children chose songs for the items pulled out of the bag.
Request fro VOlunteers for Forest school on Thursdays please. The sign-up sheet is on the door into the classroom.
Date and Reminders
- Orders for our Christmas t-towel need to be in by Friday 24 November
- Christmas raffle tickets on sale now.
- Christmas party Wednesday 13 December (all children invited) 12:50 – 3:00 pm. Invitations are going out for our Christmas party, thank you to Paulina and Anna who have volunteered to help and organise this event. Pick up will be from the PE hall. We are asking this year for a voluntary contribution towards our entertainment the fabulous Bertie slippers of £4. We need permission slips returned.
- Christmas play Monday 18 December (for the older children). For the older children who leave July 18, we are busy practising our Christmas songs for our Christmas play and where we will be having our annual Christmas raffle. All children will be taking home an envelope of raffle tickets for you to sell to family and friends. We have some brilliant raffle prizes from a Miele vacuum cleaner to vouchers from all the local surrounding businesses. Thank you to Ellie, Katie and Sharon who have been busy sourcing the fantastic prizes.
Thank you for all your marvellous donations of snacks. Please can we remind you that we have children with allergies so we need details of ingredients so we can facilitate their dietary needs.
The committee, staff and children are seeking an Assistant (Bank Staff) to join the Pre-School team. To receive an application pack or to arrange a visit to view the Pre-school, please email Jean Mitchell, Pre-School Administrator at email@example.com
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience working in Early Years Settings
- is approachable, with good communication skills and has a good rapport with children, staff, parents and committee
- is flexible and adaptable in their approach to their duties
Farewell to Cheryl
Don’t forget we are having a goodbye tea party for Cheryl who leaves on Friday from 2.30pm on wards. We are all very sad that Cheryl is leaving; she is a fantastic lady who is a valued member of staff, keyperson and friend. We wish her lots of success in her new job. We have been busy interviewing new candidates to replace the deputy supervisor role.
Next week we are looking at vehicles in the air.