Please see below for our Privacy Notice and Policies

Goring and Cleeve Preschool Privacy Notice

1 Child protection

2 Suitable people

3 Staff qualifications, training, support and skills

4 Key person

5 Staff-child ratio

6 Health

7 Managing behaviour

8 Safety and suitability of premises, environment and equipment

9 Equal opportunities

10 Information and records policy

11 Finance

Policy Summaries:


As an Early Years Provider, we are regulated by Ofsted and are subject to regular inspections.

If you have any concerns at all regarding the provision at Goring & Cleeve Pre-School, particularly in regard to safeguarding and welfare and the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage goals, please go to the ‘Contact us’ page on the Ofsted website at:

or call the Ofsted general helpline on 0300 123 1231.

Contact Details

It is essential that we have an emergency telephone number to contact parents or someone else if a parent is not available. You will be asked for this information on the registration form, but it is important that you keep these details up to date and advise us of any changes.

Please let the staff know if someone else will be collecting your child at the end of a session. Full details must be completed in the appropriate book. Or for more permanent arrangements, e.g. regular collection by a nanny or childminder, a letter detailing who will collect.

The supervisors must be informed immediately of any Court Order regarding custody, or access to, your child.

Medication policy

When your child first starts at Pre-School, please advise the supervisors of any problems, medical or otherwise, that may be relevant to the care of your child and of any regular medication that your child takes. Please also inform staff if your child has any allergies or food intolerances.

If your child takes any medication which must be administered during a Pre-School session, parents must complete an Permission to Administer Prescribed Medication form. Click on the link and print or ask any member of staff at Pre-School for a form.

Each different type of medicine requires a separate authorisation and must be brought to Pre-School in the original container in which it was dispensed. Please note, Pre-School staff can only administer prescribed medicines. It is also essential to advise staff if your child has taken any medication that morning before coming to Pre-School.

Illness and accident procedure

The supervisor should be informed if your child is absent with an infectious or contagious illness.

Children suffering from sickness and/or diarrhoea are asked not to attend Pre-School for at least 48 hours after the last bout.

An accident file is kept at Pre-School and any accident occurring during the Pre-School session is recorded on a form, along with the treatment given. The parent/carer will be asked to sign the form to say that they have been informed of the accident. In case of emergency, if the parent/carer cannot be contacted, the appropriate emergency treatment will be carried out.

We also have a “Previous Injury” form to record any injuries which the child has suffered before coming to Pre-School. A parent or guardian will need to sign this.